dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

Minimalistic for the better?

Hi dolls,

well, to be honest my mix of castor oil and Vatika's enriched coconut oil didn't really work out. And I think it's the castor oil that ruined the results, because that oil is ten times as sticky as the Vatika.

I washed it out on tuesday the 26th of july using Vatika's ultra shine shampoo and used the egg/honey hair mask as a conditioner.




Wrapped in a hot towel for 10 minutes, the hair got a great chance of conditioning, but when I washed it out, the shine was the only good thing about the hair.
When it dried, naturally, it felt sticky and I had so many knots. Even when I brushed them out gently, they seemed to get back within 10 minutes.

Having used the mask quite frequently, I could hardly believe it. This mask usually makes the hair very soft and smooth, but it seemed like the oil didn't get out of the hair.
Like every time I use this shampoo, it is like it doesn't completely cleanse the scalp. It smells great though.

Anyhow, I left my hair like it and used the Argan oil serum I'm getting addicted too and it got better every day. I actually didn't feel like washing it all, since it got shinier each day. So I used a cap, to not get the hair wet while showering. Friday eve, the 29th of july, my nieces were visiting which made it all more pleasant. What exactly? Hair care. Massaging, to be specific.

Little girls that want to fully relax you, because they like the feeling of taking care of someone's hair. Perfect, ain't it?
I let my niece comb my hair a hundred times (it is said to help your hair growth) and after that, massage the scalp with Dabur Amla original hair oil. She braided it and I left it overnight.


It looked terrible the next morning, so I rinsed it out before breakfast. I used the Vatika ultra shine shampoo again, as I already told you I want to give each product a real chance.


I used the pure coconut conditioner for about 3-5 minutes and rinsed that out as well. Until the water ran clean.
One extra rinse with cold water and I was done.

Braided the hair while it was still rather wet and decided to keep the braid overnight. The next day my hair was shiny, but still had some knots at the ends. When I took a proper look, I saw some ends were accompanied by white points. You know that bleep in live shows, when someone answer's wrong to a question? #BLEEEEEEP

Of course I knew it was to be cut asap. Because once the damage rises up, your hair isn't worth a penny anymore. I got it cut and it looked better + felt better. No more knots.

My hair care has been low key these days, but perhaps the minimal care is for the better? It did get shinier each day? Also, I believe that it can have to do everything with what I ate & of course hormones.
But I make a lot of healthy choices. I'll definitaly blog a little about that later on.

At this point I can truly say, I'm, giving it a honest try; starting with a fresh cut! Now I'll just have to wait, see and care to see what my hair loves!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten