dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

UV-rescue, Brunette Guard, save my locks!

Hey dolls,

Today was an intensely hot day here and the sun was up & strong before 10 am.
I realized, I have not yet bought any hair protection products that claim to be all natural.
Like for example, Sunsilk's/ Seda's black shine shampoo. A product that I'd truly love to try.
No time to go buy it today though, but quite some time to spend in the sun.
So I opened up my drawer and saw that I still had my Redken UV rescue, brunette guard products. Those are not claimed to be natural, but do promise to keep the hair from going orange.
Yes, please.




I had colored my hair with all natural hair dye somewhere last month and I'd like to keep it dark.
These products are Redken's UV-Rescue shimmering oil spray; a leave in protective smoother for sun-exposed hair
You can use it as often as you like.
And Redken's brunette guard  color saving swim cream for brown hair. 
Like the shimmering oil, it contains UVA/B filters that are supposed to protect the hair.
According to directions, you can put both products in either wet or dry hair, multiple times a day and on the back of the products, it says that these products will protect your hair from getting coppery tones. It also protects against UVA rays, water and minerals. 

After applying a rather generous amount, I left the house, carrying the UV-Rescue shimmering oil in my handbag. Set for the day, right?

Well, yes and no. When I got back at about 17:00, my hair wasn't looking all coppery and orange like sometimes before. I'm used to people asking me, usually, during summer whether I'd dyed my hair in a coppery shade, while I hadn't. Cause is sun only.
But I did notice some locks definitely weren't as dark as last week. A little lighter and a spark of red, I'm noticing. Perhaps the product did save my hair from getting completely orange. Or I should have used even more than I did? 
Compare the pictures with my previous posted pictures yourself.

 




Not worth the mention or not a fulfilled promise? 
I'm not sure. If the weather stays like this, I'll give it another go and perhaps shop for the Sunsilk/ Seda products as well. They're still on my to-try list!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten