maandag 25 juli 2011

Continuing my DIY hair spa at home

Hi everyone,

So the last time I blogged, my hair was braided and I'd oiled it the night before.
Well, I decided to rinse out the oil this time, using Vatika Ultra Shine & Smooth shampoo.
The commercial (you can find on YouTube) and package proclaim it has fast acting naturals. It contains the shine enhancing ingredients yoghurt, honey and henna.


Aside from the lovely promises, I also saw the shampoo contains silicones, formaldehyde and perfume. Ingredients I do not like to see in a 'all natural' shampoo.  

 I absolutely loved the smell of this shampoo though, but it didn't get the sticky feeling from the oil out of my hair. The shampoo felt more like it was coating the oil, instead of removing it. I will keep trying this shampoo for a couple of times though. Need to give it a chance.



Right after I used pure Aloe Vera shampoo to rinse all the oil out. It's called 'lidah buaya' from Pyramid's. It's green, smells soapy and it's very thick. Not like regular shampoo.


There is no cleaning shampoo like Aloe Vera. One time I dyed my hair with a semi-permanent hair color product and washed my hair the next day with Aloe Vera shampoo and the water ran brown. It was like I washed out the hair dye. But my scalp was ever so clean.
Perfect solution to my problem this time.

Than I used Dabur Vatika Naturals virgin olive deep conditioning hair mask.

The front says it contains olive, almond & henna and should work against dry, dull & lifeless hair.
The olives should provide nourishment, the almonds should soften and strengthen the hair and the henna, working with the other ingredients should coat, protect and give shine to your locks.


You should massage it into your hair, especially the ends after washing, leave it in for 15 minutes and then rinse out. I followed those directions exactly. Took a relaxing bath while the mask was conditioning the hair and then rinsed it out. 

I honestly felt, while it was still wet, that it was very shiny already. Took a picture and you can judge it yourself. As I always do, I let my hair dry naturally.
And it was perfect.

I didn't see any difference when it comes to thickness, but I don't think it's fair at this point. A product doesn't thicken your hair after first use. At least, I don't believe that. Proper care might. Which is the big test here on this blog...

While it was still damp, I braided it very loosely, because I didn't have time to walk around with wet hair, but refused to blow-dry.

Anyways, when it dried eventually and I took the braid out, I brushed it and found a couple of knots, but the hair was soft to the touch. Just the ends seemed a bit clingy. That was gone after brushing.


From that picture you can definitely tell that my hair was nourished. But the ends weren't 'feeded' that well. I was very surprised though, that this time I didn't necessarily have to use Argan Oil Serum, but I still did, because of the ends and some fly aways on the top (new hairs). I also made a extra picture in better light from the back, so you can see the results.. I'm pleased. It was even better the following day and stayed looking good and shiny. But on monday july 25th I had a friend oil my hair in the evening with a mix of castor oil and Vatika Coconut Enriched hair oil. I'll tell you more about the oil tomorrow, when I've rinsed it out!





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten