woensdag 10 augustus 2011

Coco cookie scented locks

Hey dolls,

It's been a busy week again! In general, so that also goes for my haircare. The less time, the harder in creating time! It's been (almost) exactly a week since I blogged about the hair regimen and I do have an update in usage.

After getting it cut and trying some of my Redken products again, I had about 2 days of 'rest' and then my locks started screaming again. I mixed Dabur Amla original, Castor oil and Vatika coconut enriched hair oil. This time I used a lot!
It was almost dripping, but I wanted to try and see just how much my hair needs. I know that if you put to much oil into the hair follicles, it gets dull and dry, but since it does in general, I needed to try it out. Massaged it into the scalp, braided it and left it in overnight.

Washed it out with Garnier's Pure Shine shampoo, used pure coconut conditioner and let it dry naturally. While still damp, I applied Vatika hair cream, which I hadn't tried out yet.


It's a protecting, nourishing leave-in conditioner, which you should apply on damp hair and then style naturally. According to my local shop, it's not recommended for heated stylers and it also says on the back 'natural styling'. It contains henna, almond and aloe vera. Smells divine!

On the package it's also mentioned, you could use it prior washing and leave it in for 15 minutes.


When completely dry, I brushed it and there were no knots, no fly-aways, but very light weight, shiny hair. However, it really annoys me how light weight it is exactly. If it were a little thicker again, there would be more weight on the length and not feel that light. It's good and bad. A sign of thin hair, yet no product build up + volume. I was contented.

I visited some Asian hair related websites, blogs & watched some YouTube videos to see what I'm missing in my hair care regimen. Nothing really.
But there was one girl that told she does use Vatika & Amla etc, but her hair was so most and healthy, because she likes to mix pure oils. And then she switches her use so her hair keeps reacting to every product. That's mere logic.
Not relying on pre-mixed (and adjusted) oils, but mix your own pure oils.

With my hair stash, you can imagine, I do have some pure oils. Because when I started using oil, I did go for the 100% pure oils that you can use to cook.
To be precise, I have a bottle of 100% almond oil, a jar of 100% pure coconut oil, a bottle of 100% pure castor oil and a bottle of 100% virgin olive oil.


Here is a picture of the pure coconut oil I used. It's all natural and can be used for cooking too. I believe that whatever you can put into your body, and is good for you, is great on the outside too. Plus, trustworthy. (Imagine, a product that is poisonous for you to eat/swallow, but recommended for your hair or skin?? Sounds weird right?)


That little light bulb above my head asked for another try, so on monday the 8 of august, I mixed 1 tablespoon of pure coconut oil with a few drops of castor oil. Honestly, it smelled delicious. Like a coconut cookie. Braided it and left it overnight. That was a bit hard.
Last night when going to bed, the hair on the sides of my face, just kept coming loose from the braid. And then I'd have a swish of coco cookie oilyness on my cheeks. Had to wash it of constantly to later have a second towel keeping the braid up on the pillow and my face down. It was the oil that made my hair so soft, the band wouldn't hold it.


Yesterday in the early morning, tuesday the 9th of august, I washed it out using Garnier's 2 in 1 shampoo.

This is a fortifying shampoo that is used to work against dry and very dry hair. It is supposed to give intense nourishment and easily detain your hair. The shampoo provides your locks with vitamines b3 and b6, AHA Fruit substances and make your hair still feel lightweight. It promises to make your hair up to 2 times stronger and 3 times smoother after 10 uses.
For me, this was the first time to use this shampoo, I believe. Or perhaps second, but I hadn't used it recently.

After that, I conditioned my locks with Dabur Vatika olive hair mask against dull hair, left it for 15 minutes and rinsed out with cool water.
Used the Vatika hair cream again, to try out what it does for my hair and braided it loosely, while still half wet/ very damp.


In the late afternoon, I brushed it through and it felt amazing. Super soft, shiny and full. I was amazed by the results. It's wednesday night while I'm writing this and when I touch my hair, either the roots, the lengths or the ends, they're all super moist. Looks like it is definitely working! Just a little frizz on some locks, but manageable.



Watch out for a new update soon dolls!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten