zaterdag 23 juli 2011

Started july 12th till now

Although I started this online diary just now, I'd started one on paper on july 12th. This blog will lead up till now, as an update. It will not really contain day-by-day pictures of results yet, because I had not taken them.

Tuesday, july 12th
I used the Vatika coconut enriched hair oil. Heated it, massaged it into my scalp, left it overnight. Than I used a steaming towel for taking in that extra conditioning and rinsed it out. After that, I opened up a real fresh coconut, massaged the milk into my scalp, left it for 15minutes and rinsed out. Seriously, the best shampoo there is. I've never gotten such a clean scalp before. As icing on the cake I used a pure coconut conditioner, left it for another 15-20minutes and rinsed it out. What I think is important, is that the water should always be lukewarm when it comes to your hair. And after conditioning, you should rinse it with cold water. Your hair follicles are then closing due to the cold and outcomes the shine!

The results were perfect!
My hair still looked a bit 'frizzy' though, so I used some Argan oil serum after, let it dry naturally and put some Dabur Amla gold hair oil in the lengths.

Amla oil contains mineral oil of which everyone knows it's occlusive. That means that it coats your hair, letting nothing in or out. It keeps the shine and moist you get with oiling it, but the mineral oil itself makes it difficult for your skin/hair to breath.
Amla oil is being used by Indian women who have very thick, strong and lustruous dark hair though & it truly works magic on most peoples hair. Perhaps the amount of mineral oil isn't that much? Or the close the hair follicles to later open them again (when washing the mineral oil out) works like a treat?
I am not sure and I couldn't find a certain answer on the web.
All I know is, that you better wash it out after leaving it in overnight.

The reason I still added some oil AFTER washing, is because the package & Dabur website say that if you have long hair, you can put some in for nourishment. That is the only reason I put some in.
And because my hair is so dry, I wanted to try and see the difference..

I combed my hair through, braided it and later on saw that my hair was gleaming with health. Honestly, it looked like I'd been to some hair spa for a treatment.

Now usually I wash my hair every other day or sometimes after 2 days, but this time my hair looked like it was just getting better & better while not washing it. So I decided to wait till friday.
That day I started with the Kerastase densi-recharge capsules. I took both the purple capsule & the green pill the package contains. I made sure I hadn't had any green tea product the last 24 hours, since it is advised that you do not take any green tea while on the treatment. And normally green tea is all I cling too; either iced or hot. I'll blog a little about the Kerastase product later.
Anyhow, I heated the Vatika coconut enriched oil, massaged it in and left it overnight.



On saturday, july 16th, I rinsed out the oil, used Garnier's Pure shine shampoo (no cones or parabens) and it is said to work against calciumoxyde, make the hair 10 times stronger and purify the hair. After washing that out, I put the pure coconut conditioner in my hair and wrapped my hair in a steaming towel for 20 minutes. Having that rinsed out as well, I let it dry naturally, put some Argan Oil serum and Amla Gold in my hair. Also, took my daily capsules, which I'll not mention every day, except if there's something special about it or as a reminder.
This time my hair was rather soft, but somewhat fuzzy.. Not exactly what I'd hoped for.

It looked better the following days, but I decided to do another heavy oiling that monday the 18th. This time I used the original Dabur Amla hair oil (so cute to see actress Rani Mukherji on the package instead of the picture they used to have on the bottle) to oil my hair. I didn't heat the oil, but used a good amount of oil and had my sister massage it in for me. Put a towel on my pillow and left it overnight..
The following day I rinsed it out and conditioned it the way I had been doing it ever since I started with Indian haircare. This time after letting it dry naturally, I did not add Amla gold to the lengths, just Argan oil serum. My hair was fuzzy, but shiny & soft.

Thursday 21th july 2011 I wasn't contented and went to my local Indian store again. I explained what I'd been using, how much I was trying to take care of it and showed the fuzzy fly-aways. The salesman admitted that my hair looked rather thin and couldn't understand why the Argan Oil serum had not fixed the fuzzy effect. He told me that usually the product succeeds in getting the hairs calmed down.
He then told me it might be best to use something even more natural...

Castor oil. I was adviced to massage my roots and tips with it. Washing it out wasn't that necessary. I bought it, massaged it, hated it. It is soooo sticky that it's just annoying to massage into the scalp. Still, managed to do it, braided my hair and left it overnight.
But when I woke up friday the 22th, my hair was super sticky (chip chip & much of it) and I had knots. Now really.. knots? I never ever have knots in my hair. Brushed it out and decided to not give up so easily..



I braided my hair for the day and decided to take further care in the evening. This is when I decided I wouldn't just keep some paper diary about it with 3 lines a day. I would be using this blog to record every hair move/change. Again, I watched online reviews, read how-to's and watched some commercials. All hair care related of course. I took a little cup, put some castor oil in it, some Dabur Amla (original), stirred and put in my hair. From massaging the roots, gliding through the lengths till rubbing gently at the ends. I put a towel on my pillow (since I was sleeping on a satin pillowcase, which is great for hair and skin) and left it overnight...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten