vrijdag 22 juli 2011

The search for the solution

It got quiet for a long time. I searched for the solution in silence.
Didn't succeed.

I can't take a picture of every product lined up right now (I will, later on and add it to this blog post), but I'll name what I can remember I've used :


  • Just about every L'oreal Paris shampoo, conditioner, leave in products and serum.
  • The complete John Frieda Brilliant Brunette line.
  • Garnier shampoos and conditioners.
  • Two different lines of L'anza products (what I recall first is that one line had blue packaging and the other beige. One was made for moisturizing, the other mainly to straighten the hair)
  • The Laminates products from Sebastian professional
  • Chi Organics
  • Chi serum, hair mask & shampoo (made especially for heated styling)
  • All the products for extra coarse hair from Kerastase Oleo Relax
  • A complete line of Nioxin products, with some additional products I purchased from them
  • The complete Redken 'Real control' line
  • The complete Redken 'Smooth down' line
  • The complete Redken 'Extreme' line
  • Kerastase's Ultime Elixir
  • Kerastase's Masquintense with Gluco Active system for thick hair (hair mask)
  • Kerastase's Nutri-Thermique hair mask
  • Redken's sun protection line, but also sun protection from Kerastase
  • And so many more...




This picture contains what one of my hair product orders would look like. Bulk buying.


If I recall more, I'll definately add to my list and I'll also write some reviews about the products I mentioned.

But to kick off the start of this blog, I'll now tell you what's going on at this time.

When my father passed away in 2007, I got so much stress to take in, that my hair loss was astounding. My mom bought me Kerastase's Densitive capsules. I had to take those for 3 months steady. It really helped, so I went on using it for 9 months. At that time, I didn't abide the rules anymore (like, you can't drink green tea when you take those capsules, but I started drinking lots of it again etc) and I felt like my hair was falling out more. I stopped using it and took normal care. My hair had gotten a huge boost from the capsules and it lasted quite a while. The thickness.


You can clearly see that it was thick yet quite manageable in the picture above. 

Recently though, someone reminded me of how my hair used to be and said my hair had gotten thin. Yikes! If you've read my introduction well, you know this was a nightmare to hear.
I almost killed my hair follicles to get my hair more sleek, now it's sleek, but too thin?


The person was right though. I realized my hair has definitely taken another blow, probably from stress and has gotten quite thin.

I was browsing YouTube and found lots of (primarily) Asian hair commercials, that sell the idea that great nourishment is the recipe for thicker hair. Might not sound too new, but does it really?
I saw opportunity to experiment..

I made a list of commercials and a list of reviews and decided to go back to my 'old' hair stops. The indian stores. Haul, much?

The one thing I got at the Indian store as well, but isn't pictured, was all natural hair dye. The sun had bleached my hair so much, that I just had to get it darker before I'd start. To see clearly and properly when it shines or looks dull. The dye was a bit messy, but did it's job & my hair was really soft afterwards. 

I took a quick picture of everything I got to start my experiment.
The Vatika Almond enriched hair oil, Vatika Olive enriched hair oil, Vatika coconut enriched hair oil, Vatika Almond shampoo, Vatika Ultra shine shampoo, Vatika egg/honey hair mask, Vatika olive hair mask, pure coconut conditioner, Argan oil serum, Vatika all natural protecting styling cream, Castor oil, Dabur Amla gold hair oil, Dabur Amla hair oil (original) and Kerastase Densi-recharge.

Apparently, they changed Densitive into Densi-recharge. Back when I used it, there were only green capsules and you had to take one per day. Now you get a purple and green one for each day, so you get to swallow a capsule and a pill. Bought for 3 months, but will be trying it for six months.

I've decided I'm going to give my hair all natural haircare. Just to see whether it really works magic on hair. I figured that simplicity and patience, might be key to this.

This picture was made about 2 weeks ago and I'm posting it, because the natural environment stands precisely for the direction I'm going with my hair AND to show the recent looks of it.
I'll be taking more and clear pictures of my hair as I'll be updating this diary.


So I'm going to put a lot of effort in time in keeping it all natural and will be using this blog as diary on how it goes and what I've used. I hope it helps me in finding out what works and what doesn't & perhaps I might be able to help a reader out as well!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten